1)What types of cruises do you offer?
As many as fit your personal preferences for where you want to go. Our cruises are designed with you in mind as they are small and intimate. Each cruise is catered to meet your needs. We offer everything from short excursions to an island of your choice to day cruises to multiple islands, as well as educational cruises. We are open and flexible!
2) Are there restrictions on cruise destinations?
3) What are your prices and do they vary based on the destination?
You can use our 38-foot Sea Ray vessel for $100 per hour - with a two hour minimum. Our standby fee is $35/hour.
4) Do you offer cruises year-round?
Yes. Our busy season is May through September. Weather can potentially affect our cruises during the winter months.
5) Where is your departure location?
Orcas Dock near the ferry terminal on Orcas Island.
6) Are there meals or alcohol served onboard?
We do not prepare or serve food on board as we do not have a commercial kitchen. We can, however, provide beverages such as lattes and there are various snacks available onboard. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages on your cruise. You'll find a wide assortment of food and beverages available at the nearby Orcas Store.
7) Are there restrooms onboard?
There is a standard marine head on board.
8) What is the average speed of your boat?
6 to 10 knots or 7 to 12 miles per hour
9) Is your boat ADA accessible?
No. But we are planning on taking steps to make our boat ADA accessible.
10) How far in advance should I book my cruise with West Sound Water Sports?
We are very flexible on cruise scheduling. So chances are very good we can get you on a cruise with minimal notification. That said, a minimum of a few days in advance is suggested.
11) What clothing should I wear on the cruise?
Even on warm days, it can be chilly on the water. An extra coat is always a good idea.
12) What are the chances of getting seasick on your boat?
Because of the slow speed of our boat and the calm waters, the chances are slim. But let us know if you are prone to getting seasick and we will do all we can to accommodate your needs.
13) Cancellation Policy
We are a fair weather operation. Weather conditions in the San Juan Islands are changeable in a moment's notice. The Captain reserves the right to cancel the cruise if for any reason the conditions might threaten the safety of our passengers. Full refunds or credit towards a later excursion will gladly be given for any unforeseen cancellation.